Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Kitchen Beautician #3

This little gem of a facial scrub is a decadent treat for that tired skin. I had been sitting at the computer all day and just felt so "yuck" that all I wanted was something to get rid of the stale feeling on my face. I flipped thru some of my organic body care books and just didn't have the ingredients on hand that they called for, so I just opened the fridge and stared. Staring back was plain yogurt, the perfect base for a mask. I love sugar scrubs, and came up with a treatment better than I could have imagined. Mix one tablespoon of plain yogurt (make sure it's plain, and preferably organic) and two tablespoons brown sugar. You can thicken or thin this concoction to your liking. Mix well and apply with gentle pressure over face and neck. Be sure to put your hair back first, as it is sugary and therefore sticky. You don't want your hair to get stuck to your face that would ruin the experience! Massage into skin until the sugar is almost dissolved, then rinse thoroughly. The lactic acid in the yogurt acts as an exfoliant, as does the sugar granules. Your skin is left soft and smooth, ready for your favorite moisturizer. And, unlike those synthetic scrubs, this will taste quite pleasant should some you "accidentally" eat some.

No comments:

Post a Comment